Molly White



The 20% 

"Be still" has been the lock screen on my phone for about a year. It's a reminder that I don't have to have all the answers today. I don't have to be so busy trying to figure it all out that I miss out on today and this moment. 

A good friend of mine explained the 80/20 rule in a way I hadn't heard before. She said you should be about 80% sure about anything in life. Leave that 20 up to chance. If that last 20 is inflexible then it doesn't leave any room for change or happenstance. 

It also gives you freedom. It's easy to get lost in the details and the security it seemingly gives. Just don't let answers define you. Because you are worth more than what you have to offer or your biggest mistakes. 

My take on living life to the fullest is to let love be my biggest motivation even in the midst of challenging circumstances or a world of crazy. Because there will be crazy and people will let you down. It's only a matter of time because nobody is perfect. How you deal in that 20%, the mistakes, the something came ups, the ups the downs. The 20 shows your character. Who do you choose to be in those moments. I choose to be true to love in those moments. I don't always get it right but when your aim is love even when you fall short you're failing forward.

That said, be still is a reminder, to silence the noises and the should haves and the could haves. To be present. To be loving. To see those around me in their world and to know that they feel known and heard. 

Instagram: @themollywhite

Photos: @toxiclovephotography 



Comments

Popular Posts