Shasta Wonder



I'm at a good place in my life and I'm grateful for that. I do truly believe that life is what you make of it and that in the end, everything in life is about the choices you make. Yes, sometimes choices are made for you but soon or later you have the power to change things around. I wouldn't say that I'm where I want to be in life but I’m doing ok and proud of myself. I've been hungry, homeless, alone so I know how rough life can be at times. Long story short ( well, I will try to make it short )! I was 18 years old when I went to college, when I started a new life for myself. I literally had nothing on me except a suitcase and less than $200 on me. My sister gave me $100 the day I left and I had some changes after I bought my train tickets from NYC to Utica, NY. 

Came to the states from Rwanda as a freshman so life in high school and college was a bit rough but I made it. I have always been very stubborn but I felt like as a teen I was living life for other people but that came to an end when I left for college and went on my own. I started living for me and for what makes me a better person. I started modelling briefly after college, after an attempt at a job I didn’t like very much.  

It hasn't been easy being a nude model, especially in the beginning but I'm a very determined person. Being a model, especially a black nude model isn't for the weak souls. However, if you are humble, kind, believe in yourself, work hard and don't take shit from people then you will do just fine. I did. 

Looking at my life now, I've moved from east coast toLA, I’ve traveled the world on my own schedule and money, I’ve lost friends and had to make a new life and it has been nothing but eye opening experiences. I’m living life as I see fit, I’m able to do things that are meaningful to me without any hesitation due to not having any enough funds or worrying about anyone judging me. I’m able to work on my photography and cooking along with other hobbies in comfort of my apartment. I’m at a place where I’m proud to be who I’m as a person and as model and hope for nothing but for more progress. 

Hopefully, in the next year, I will have my business up and running. At the end of this year, I'm doing some important traveling and so far I feel great about it. It is going to be a lot of hard work but I wouldn't have it any other way. If all go well,  my business will help me appreciate those who put a lot of work into what they do but doesn’t get much out of it. So stay tuned and send good vibes my way! 

Instagram - @shastawonder





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts