Sydney Garde



My name is Sydney Garde. I'm 17 years old and I do some modelling, but most importantly I am a senior in high school. Recently I had the realization that in less than a year from now, I will have made an abundance of decisions regarding my future; and most importantly, I may potentially be moving from my home state for the first time in my life. And let me say - I could not be more excited for all the changes that may take place.

The idea of "change" typically invokes feelings of indifference among humans, and I've begun to wonder why this is. I believe that it is because we tend to let fear dictate our actions. We are so afraid of failure that we're willing to sacrifice good opportunities simply because there is less at stake. 

Recently on a blog I saw the quote: "If you can't beat fear do it scared". This resonated with me because I am one of the many humans that let's fear dictate my actions. I along with many others have chased after the intangible idea of "perfection", but I have found that once you have accepted the fact that there is always room for improvement , you will allow yourself to take risks that could potentially end in failure. I'm thankful to have learned this outlook so early in life. To anyone of any age, I encourage you to overcome your fears. If you cannot overcome your fears, do it scared anyways.

Instagram: @s.ydne.y




Comments

Popular Posts