Gabrielle Colette



Hi everyone, I am Gabrielle Colette, at least I pretend to be. Gabrielle Colette is actually my alter ego and these are my mum’s middle names, who comes from Africa.

You must probably be wondering why I am taking my mum’s names. That’s really easy since forever I have always thought that if I would create my own fashion brand or a fashion store I would call it Gabrielle Colette, I think it sounds really lovely. Plus, it is a tribute to the powerful woman, who gave birth to me and who raised me. Unlike in the UK or in the USA, where you have first name - middle name - last name, it works differently in France. Indeed, there you have first name - middle name 1 - middle name 2 - last name. You actually have two middle names. So basically, no one can tell Gabrielle Colette is my mum’s names because everyone calls her by her first name (except in Africa).

As now, I have recently created my fashion blog, it was evident for me to call it Gabrielle Colette. I can freely express myself about everything on it. Of course, it is just the start, but I hope it will become a platform, where communication between one and other is valued.

I currently live London, where I am studying my MA in Fashion Business at the London College of Fashion. It is honestly the only year of my whole studies that I have enjoyed but I am really happy this is the last one though.

I feel so grateful to study in London, as I am originally from France. I am a true globetrotter, as I live in four different cities in the past three years: Paris, LA, Munich, Berlin and London. And I am not about to stop. Actually, my life time goal is to go back to LA to live. After my studies end, I am going back to Paris for a small break to enjoy the presence of my relatives, that I missed a lot in the past years. And then, who knows where I land.

You can check my blog here: www.gabriellecolette.com

Instagram - @gabrielle_colette

Much love
GC





Comments

Popular Posts