Isha Damania



As someone just approaching her late 20's, I thought I had my life figured out...until I didn't. Just a few years ago I realized I was lost and not "whole" anymore. My long term relationship came to an end, I was beginning to rethink careers and there were always a hundred thoughts running through my mind at once. Everything seemed a blur. It almost felt like I was moving backwards in life. Being single was new and frightening to me. Nonetheless, it's still a never ending journey, or so it feels like. Coming out of a long term relationship was very difficult, but I've grown so much as a person. I impulsively decided to travel solo to Thailand. To this day, it is still one of the best decisions I ever made. It was my version of 'eat pray love.' There was so much self discovery that happened, where I learned more about my strengths and weaknesses. I had the opportunity to spend a few days with some monks. They taught me about inner peace and self love. It was so refreshing to hear such positivity after a tough couple of months back home. I came back with a different mindset and tuned out all the negativity in my life. It was only then that new doors started opening for me. I've always had a passion for art and decided to start painting as a way to express myself and experiences. Over the last 2 years, I have been able to experience things I never thought possible and do things I didn't think I was capable of. I was able to travel to Several countries and face some of my fears head on. I'm continuously working on building a solid foundation for myself, but to see how much my life has changed (for the better) just in these last two years, gets me excited for tomorrow, one month from now and even 1 year from today. One of my favourite words is meraki. It means to do something with soul, creativity or love and to put something of yourself into everything you do. Always give 100% of yourself. Something I try to follow every day.

Instagram: isha.dami






Comments

Popular Posts